Bomber Seals 30mm Reservation!!
This page and it’s form is about your reservation for Bomber 30mm seals.
It it not finished yet, sorry. My intension is to make a reservation possible to get an overview and to serve your personal/shop needs.
If you want to send me your name and your requirements please drop me a note via my contact form.
The story about
Status today (20200926) 30mm Bomber seals are almost sold out on earth. As you know Marzocchi went bankrupt some years ago and was taken by Fox, but they did don’t care about older forks and it’s spares.
From time to time you can get a kit at Eb## or elsewhere – most often M-Arch type – in the forums, but in general all the service stations, online shops and well known Marzocchi’s Shops like mtbforksbymark.com keep the rest of their seals for their own service needs.
Of course there are some alternatives on the market, but none of them does it’s job well. They lack on geometry, function or material! Clearly such seals are not designed and produced for Marzocchi Bombers but for anything else. They will work for a while and fail very early.
The Marzocchi seals are sceleton seals, menas it has a metal sceleton inside to make the seal stiffer. Marzocchi designers did a great job when they designed the Z1, they learnt from the XC serien and made the seals stiffer. They also included a 2nd lip in the inside of the wiper seals which makes the seal more functional protecting against dirt and water!
- Enduro – [oil- and dust seal] this are seal kits for different stanchion diameter with a very special wipe seal: it is just a simple silicon seal, I believe it is just a cheap joke! It is an alternative when you don’t have a chance to get other ones. It will be better to buy 2 sets 😉
- SKF – [oil- and dust seal] did a lot of reproductions but for the newer fork types only starting with 35mm but NOT for 30 nor 32mm. As this is a worldwide well know manufacture they are producing very good seals, coloured them green and selling them for with a lot of marketing and big money. Obviously they didn’t expect a big market on 30 and 32mm seals.
A SKF kit (2 dust & 2 oil seals) is about 80€.
- Ariete ‘ARI’ – [oil seal only] Ariete claims to be best and makes a big thing about XNBR and production in Italy, but in real life the seals – oil seals only – are not this worth this big bubble. They are not as firm as the original and do not have the propper geometry, e.g. the wipe seal does not have a 2nd dust lip in the inside! They also do marketing with a ‘special oil seal lubricant’ – make your own statement here 😉 A pair of oil seals is about 20€.
I found different dimension details from sellers for product ARI-020: 30mm x 40mm x 7/9mm vs. 30mm x 40mm x 8/9mm (!!?).
- Suntour – [oil- and dust seal] some claimed this 30mm seals as an alternative, but it isn’t. The wipe seal itself is good : stiff and well designed. But the outer diameter is only 38 instead of 40mm. What a shame!
Seal is labeld: FAA 070-10 TCK 5990-42
Wipe Seal: SR Suntour FAA070-10 for SF10, SF11, XCM-V2 / XCM-V3 / SF17NCX-D Gabeln)
- Others – [oil seal only] there are others as well which you might get from your local hydraulic shop matching the geometry closly and for sure they are oil and heat resistant as they are for industrial use, but for sure they are not made for your Marzocchi Bomber 😉
Conclusion: Neither Ariete nor Enduro seals are created for Marzocchi Bombers. End of discussion.
Why I’m doing this:
My intention: I like to see Marzocchi forks running and as you might have read here in the blog I already did 2 reproduction cycles in the last 3 years about 24 and 26mm MArzocchi XC seals – and that went almost perfect!
Now, as I’m also riding Bombers Z1 myself – a Z1 BAM ’99 with 100mm travel and a classic Z1 ’97 – and reading about all the request for service and needed seals I decided to go for it and make some reproductions for 30mm seals.